The Company being manufacturing and selling pharmaceutical products, has always endeavored to conduct its business with responsibility, mindful of its social responsibility, taking care of human well being, abiding by the applicable laws and with regards to human dignity, keeping in mind to take care of the society in which the Company is functioning through its services.
Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Private Limited undertakes CSR activities in accordance with the provisions of Section 135 of the Indian Companies Act, 2013 (the Act) and related rules applicable from time to time.
3. CSR ACTIVITIES
Various CSR activities are being carried by the Company namely upliftment of socio-economic, underprivileged communities by providing health, education and self-employment and to provide basic necessity items to the people who are blind, handicapped, deaf, widow, divorcee, Helpless or destitute women, mentally challenged people, Orphans, cancer, Dialysis, Kidney patient, Heart disease patients, HIV Patients, Transgenders, and to such poor and needy people.
5. CSR FUND
The committee shall endeavour to spend at least 2% of the average net profit of the Company made during the preceding three financial years on CSR activities as enumerated above.
7. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BOARD
- To Approve the CSR Policy and the CSR Expenditure after taking into consideration, the recommendations made by the CSR committee.
- To Ensure the CSR spending every financial year of at least 2% of average net profits made during immediately preceding three financial years, in pursuance with the Policy.
- To Ensure disclosure of the contents of the CSR Policy on the Company's website.
- To approve annual report on the CSR activities received from CSR Committee.
9. IMPLEMENTING CSR ACTIVITIES
The implementation and execution of the CSR activities/projects shall be carried out through the Company's CSR committee members. The Company shall undertake the CSR activities directly and/or through various implementing agencies such as, NGO's, non-profit organizations, charitable hospitals and trusts etc. Such implementing agencies shall have an established track record as prescribed under the law.
The Company may collaborate with other companies for undertaking the CSR projects/programs subject to fulfillment of separate reporting requirements as prescribed in the Rules. Some of the initiatives taken up by the Company will facilitate the involvement of the Company's employees as volunteers in ongoing CSR activities and events, giving them an opportunity to engage in socially meaningful activities, thus, enabling them to realize their full potential and role as socially responsible citizens (Employee Volunteer Programs).The initiatives undertaken may be communicated to the employees through specific awareness campaigns, so as to enable maximum participation.
The Policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time.
2. AIMS & OBJECTIVES
To develop a long-term vision and strategy and create an overview of activities to be undertaken, in line with Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.
The Company's objective is to provide affordable medicine to the people and serving and helping needy and underprivileged communities. Company's main object under CSR is to focus on health, education and sanitation.
4. CSR COMMITTEE
CSR Committee shall be formed as per the applicable laws and the committee shall be responsible for the implementation/monitoring and review of this policy and various projects/activities undertaken under the policy. The CSR Committee shall submit periodical reports to the board of directors. The Company's present CSR Committee members are as follows :
- Mr. L. B. Yadav, Executive Director - Chairman
- Dr. J.P. Mehta, Director - Member
- Mr. D.R. Sinha, Director - Member
6. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF CSR COMMITTEE
- To formulate and recommend to the Board, the CSR activities/programs to be undertaken by the Company.
- To identify non-governmental Organizations (NGO) or Social organizations who can help the Company to conduct its CSR activities.
- To recommend to the Board, the CSR Expenditure to be incurred on the CSR activities/programs.
- To Institute a transparent mechanism for implementation of the CSR projects and activities.
- To Effectively monitor the execution of the CSR activities.
- To Prepare the annual report on the CSR activities in the prescribed format as per the Companies Act, 2013.
8. CSR EXPENDITURE
In every financial year, the company shall spend 2% of its average Net Profits in the immediately preceding three (3) financial years.CSR Expenditure shall mean all expenditure incurred in respect of specific projects/programs relating to the approved CSR activities.CSR Expenditure shall not include expenditure on an item not in conformity or not in line with activities which fall within the purview of the CSR activities as per the Companies Act, 2013.The surplus arising out of the CSR activities or projects shall not form part of the business profit of the Company.
10. CSR REPORTING
The Board in its Annual Report shall include the details of the CSR activities undertaken in the Financial Year.
The CSR Committee shall provide an annual report on the implementation and monitoring of the CSR Policy and that it is in compliance with CSR objectives of the Company.
The Company shall display on its website (www. francoindian.com) the contents of its CSR Policy and other information as may be required to be displayed.
All disclosures, display and reporting requirement related to CSR shall be made in accordance with the provisions of the Act and Rules made thereunder.